- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
RESIDENT EVIL: RETRIBUTION
DIRECTOR: Paul WS Anderson
CAST: Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Sienna Guillory
Way back, when the first Resident Evil came out, the woman who would make the franchise her own, Milla Jovovich, said one had to be 15 years old to appreciate the film for its zombies, leather, guns, blood and shooting. Ten years later, Milla is still around, so are Rodriguez, writer-director Anderson, the zombies, leather, guns, blood and shooting. Those 15-year-olds though may have moved on.
And would you blame them? In a story that manages to be both incredulous and boring, everything from zombies/aliens to monsters and axe-wielding giants are thrown in the way of Alice (Jovovich). Later, she is shot, trampled, and has her heart brought to a stop, literally, without a crack on either her or her all-leather unitard.
Her initial dress is more believable, comprising two small white sheets pinned on the sides and covering just the needful. To Jovovich's credit, she makes even that seem like a dress that could be lived in. To Anderson's, he doesn't have his favourite actress and real-life wife trying to save the world in it. There are some things even gravity and Jovovich's willpower can't hold down.
When she wakes up in the aforementioned dress, Alice finds herself imprisoned inside the evil network Umbrella's labyrinth, and escapes to realise the zombies are still around. She has an accomplice inside and a rescue team working their way in — "in" is a submarine 300 feet below the surface. What they cross are simulations of cities around the world used by Umbrella for its experiments — New York, Berlin, Moscow, Tokyo and Suburbia. All the better to destroy each of them.
This time, there is a kid too, part of the "pretend family" Umbrella had created for Alice's model as part of its evil experiments. The kid, Becky, however, believes Alice is her real mother.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM