K.C. Bokadia threatened as he shoots Dirty Politics in Indore
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
According to director K.C. Bokadia, both he and Mallika Sherawat have received threatening calls regarding the film Dirty Politics, produced by Praful Saklecha. But he has gone ahead with the shooting of the film which is based on the high-profile case of Bhanwaridevi, a 36-year old nurse who went missing from Jodhpur's Bilara area. The unit is currently shooting in Indore with Sherawat and Om Puri. Bokadia said, "It was established that Bhanwaridevi was murdered by a prominent politician in 2011. But I have presented the film in my own way."
I&B Minister to take industry into confidence while framing policies
Union Minister for Information & Broadcasting, Manish Tewari has assured the media that the industry views will be taken into consideration while framing policies. Speaking at the International Advertising Association's first IAA Leadership Awards function in Mumbai, the minister pointed out the many paradoxes associated with the entertainment industry. He highlighted the need to create a statutory mechanism to address issues related to entertainment industry. Tewari said, "Freedom of speech should not extend to the right to offend and an individual's right to privacy must be respected."
Govinda's cameo in Aankhen 2?
Producer Pahlaj Nihalani is set to make the sequel to his 1993 superhit comedy Aankhen. To be helmed by Anees Bazmee, it is titled Aankhen Char. According to Nihalani, the film is to star fresh faces and will have Govinda doing a cameo.
"We will announce the cast after we finish the auditioning," he said. Aankhen Char is scheduled to go on floors in August. The original which had Govinda, Chunky Panday and Kader Khan was directed by David Dhawan. Meanwhile, Nihalani is also working on Avatar which marks the comeback of Govinda after a hiatus of four years. It is slated to release in June.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held