Kabbadi extravaganza: Capt lashes out at Badals for ‘semi-nude’ dance show
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
Lashing out at the Kabbadi World Cup extravaganza in Bathinda on Tuesday, state Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh accused Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal of presiding over dance performance of "semi nude" women in the name of kabbadi world cup.
Speaking on the second day of the Punjab Bachao Yatra in Moga on Wednesday, Amarinder said: "The Badals are feeling so desperate that they had to stoop so low to stage semi nude dances to draw the crowds and that too in Bathinda — represented by one of their family members." To make his point, he also showed pictures of these dances that have been published in the newspapers.
Amarinder questioned the claims of the deputy chief minister on hosting the world cup, saying that the teams participating in the tournament were not representing their countries and had not been recognised by their respective governments. "This is only a show for Sukhbir's personal survival where he has crossed all the limits of modesty for gathering crowds to satisfy his ego," he said while describing it as a shameless act on part of the Badals.
"For last five years you looted them, you robbed them, you intimidated them and now you think that you can make them forget your sins by these semi nude dances?" he asked Badals, while adding that nothing was going to save them from an imminent defeat staring them on the face, which is just three months away. He claimed that Sukhbir Badal was now buying a personal helicopter, as he knew that he was not going to stay in power anymore after the elections.
Amarinder also took a dig at Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for greeting people of Punjab on the formation of Punjabi Suba. "It is no longer a suba but a subi (a smaller state) created by Akalis as a Sikh majority state so that they could form the government here. In this selfish pursuit, they shrank Punjab and squandered all the main resources to Himachal Pradesh and Haryana," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow