Kaithal murder: Five arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The family of Karan Singh, who was shot dead during a wedding in Kaithal's Khurda village last Saturday, claimed his body after four days of protests and cremated him on Tuesday. This, after the police arrested five of the 14 people booked for the murder. Prime accused Sompal, who had allegedly shot dead Karan, is admitted at the Kaithal civil hospital and will be arrested once he is discharged. Karan was killed after clashes over lowering the volume of music being played at a wedding. Five others sustained severe injuries.
Haryana disburses unemployment aid
Chandigarh: The state government on Tuesday said it had disbursed unemployment allowances amounting to Rs 32.77 crore during the current year, apart from opening nine placement cells at the major industrial towns of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Sonepat, Yamuna Nagar, Rohtak, Hisar, Panipat, Ambala and Bahadurgarh. "
Punjab's anti-cancer campaign on track
Chandigarh: Punjab Health and Family Welfare Minister Madan Mohan Mittal, while releasing the progress of the state-wide door-to-door campaign for cancer awareness and early detection of the disease, said more than 45 per cent of the population has been covered during the first week of the campaign. Around 40,000 field workers had visited 26, 40,777 houses by December 10, Mittal said .
Hooda govt to launch Foster Care Scheme
Chandigarh: In order to take care of orphaned, helpless and needy children, the Haryana government is set to implement a Foster Care Scheme and an Open Shelter Scheme, across the state. While addressing a two-day state level training program on tracking missing children on Tuesday, Sumita Misra, Director General, Haryana Women and Child Development Department said: "The Foster Care Scheme will be launched as a pilot project in six districts whereas the Open Shelter Scheme will be launched in Faridabad. Children found loitering and begging on the roads will be brought to the open shelters and apart from being given food, will be taught and given professional knowledge."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held