Kaizen, Bertelsmann to invest Rs 22 cr in Educomp's online biz
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Educomp Solutions today said Kaizen Private Equity and Bertelsmann will invest Rs 22 crore in its e-tutoring and education subsidiary, Authorgen.
Educomp has signed an agreement with Kaizen and Bertelsmann (a global media company) to raise investment in Authorgen, the education solutions provider said in a statement.
Kaizen and Bertelsmann will invest Rs 22 crore and the funds will be used for growth capital and further upscaling the usage of the website, it added.
Authorgen operates WizIQ.com, a web-based platform for education service providers to teach live and online in an easy-to-use and free virtual classroom.
Over 1.5 lakh teachers and two million learners currently use WizIQ's e-learning services, the statement said.
Founded in 1994, BSE-listed Educomp Solutions serves 33,000 schools and 21 million learners and educators globally.
Educomp shares were trading at Rs 128.20 apiece in late afternoon trade, down 4.54 per cent from its previous close on the BSE.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations