Kalmadi told to take up Commando unit for city with CM
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
City MP Suresh Kalmadi has decided to discuss the setting up of a commando unit for the city with Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan.
"I will soon discuss the issue with the Chief Minister. The city needs a commando unit as it has witnessed two major terror attacks," said Kalmadi.
Kalmadi had raised the issue of setting up a branch of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and a commando unit in Pune in the Lok Sabha.
In response, Minister of State for Home Affairs R P N Singh has written to Kalmadi that "branch office of the NIA in Mumbai was approved in March 2012 keeping in view the security scenario and has already started functioning."
"The Mumbai branch office of NIA will investigate the cases of Pune city. The NIA is already investigating the cases against members of LeT and Indian Mujahideen," he added.
"With regard to posting of 200 commandos in Pune, kindly take up the matter with the Chief Minister...I may like to mention that NSG has already established a hub in Mumbai which will look after the entire region," he said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'