Kanda denied bail
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, arrested for his alleged role in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, was on Monday denied bail by the Delhi High Court.
The court dismissed Kanda's bail plea after hearing arguments from both the prosecution and defence counsel.
Kanda's counsel Mukul Rohatgi argued that several months have passed since his client's arrest on August 18, while the police too has filed the charge sheet and "now my client is entitled to bail." The senior advocate also said the circumstances of the case show "it is not a case of abetment of suicide but a case of infatuation." Opposing Kanda's bail plea, Additional Solicitor General Siddharth Luthra said, "We are in the process of further investigation in the case and he, being a politician and an influential person, may influence witnesses in the case."
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM