‘Kanda tried to get Geetika back from Dubai to sexually exploit her’
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Delhi Police told a court here, which is hearing the Geetika suicide case, that a probe showed that former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda tried to get back airhostess Geetika Sharma from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her.
In a supplementary chargesheet submitted on Tuesday against Chanshivroop Singh, an aide of Kanda, before the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala, the police said: "The facts emerged against Chanshivroop during further investigation. Kanda and (his aide Aruna) Chadha tried to get back Geetika from Emirates Airlines with the ulterior motive of sexually exploiting her... When Geetika refused to come back to India and join MDLR Airlines (floated by Kanda), Kanda used other nefarious tactics to mount pressure on her."
"Kanda and Chadha appointed Chanshivroop Singh as assistant HR Manager in MDLR group with the sole objective of ensuring that Geetika remained under the control of Kanda," it said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet