Kapil meets Modi, shares plan for sports academy
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Former cricketer Kapil Dev has shown interest in setting up a sports academy in the state, officials said Thursday.
The former Indian captain met Chief Minister Narendra Modi and shared his views on setting up a sports academy, they said.
"Nice meeting with noted cricketer Shri Kapil Dev. Exchanged idea on development of sports," Modi tweeted.
During the meeting, Dev lauded the Khel Mahakumbh initiative of the Gujarat government that seeks to promote a culture of sports and sportsman spirit in the state, the post on Modi's blog said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet