Kareena Kapoor evokes poetry from Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The event, Rajyotsava, was meant to showcase the best of Chhattisgarh as it turned 12 years old but the star attraction was Kareena Kapoor. So much were the netas enamoured by her performance that it evoked spontaneous poetry from the special guest Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda.
In words that alluded to both Kareena and to the brief spell of rain that lashed Naya Raipur on the evening, Munda broke into verse from the stage, "Ye bhige badan mein tera muskurana, bijlee ke mausam mein bijlee girana..." Other leaders including chief minister Raman Singh and BJP president
Nitin Gadkari cheered him. Meanwhile, Culture Minister Brijmohan Agarwal appealed to the crowd, "Kareena jald aapko darshan dengi". Leaders arrived at the function just before Kareena came and left immediately after she left the stage.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held