Kareena Kapoor's 'Fevicol' challenges Katrina Kaif's 'Chameli'
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Call in coincidental but the race for being the Numero Uno superstar heroine in Bollywood is seeing a fitting culmination for itself with an item number no less. It all started with Katrina Kaif's 'Chikni Chameli' jig for Agneepath which was officially the first item number of the year. Now as 2012 comes to a close, it is Kareena Kapoor's 'Fevicol' from Dabangg 2 which would be tagged as Bollywood's concluding item number of the year.
"Incidentally neither Katrina nor Kareena are the leading ladies in the respective films. Katrina did it since you don't say no when Karan Johar offers you a song in a Hrithik Roshan starrer. On the other hand, Kareena is very friendly with Salman Khan and it was a given that when he would call, she would be present", says a source.
Now it has to be seen if 'Fevicol' trounces 'Chikni Chameli' as the number one item number of the year.
"'Chikni Chameli' was an instant hit on its release and can be heard even till date. There was a novelty factor to it since Katrina had never gone as so 'desi' before. That very factor coupled with the fact that the tune by itself was so catchy and dance steps bordering on erotic that made 'Chikni Chameli' so hugely popular", adds an observer.
On the other hand, Kareena Kapoor is quite seasoned herself when it comes to item numbers. Though this year her 'Halkat Jawani' didn't quite cover much of a distance, her 'Chammak Challo' act from last year is remembered till date.
"'Fevicol' could well fill in for Kareena's lack of a chartbuster song this year", says a source attached to Dabangg 2, "Let's not forget that the song is choreographed by Farah Khan. Moreover, Kareena is filling in the slot that was earlier occupied by Malaika Arora Khan's 'Munni Badnaam' in Dabangg. She has given it all to the song and it would be unveiled quite close to the film's release since it is so special."
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations