Kargil hero Saurabh Kalia's father approaches UNHRC
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The External Affairs Ministry said that it has seen reports on Kalia's father approaching the UNHRC on television channels.
"We will see what the nature of this petition is because usually the UNHRC only acts in terms of initiatives taken by members because it is an inter-state body."
The ministry said that India had taken up the issue with Pakistan earlier and the then External Affairs Minister Jaswant Singh had condemned this incident.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet