Kashmir: Militant killed in encounter
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
A militant was on Tuesday killed in an encounter with security forces in Handwara area in north Kashmir's Kupwara district.
The gunbattle broke out between security forces and militants at Budh Shungani in Handwara area, 90 kms from here, official sources said.
Troops of 6 Rashtriya Rifles and police had launched an anti-militancy operation Monday night following information about movement of three to four militants in the area.
They said one militant has been killed so far. The encounter was in progress till last reports came in.
Six militants have been killed in three separate operations in Handwara area this month.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'