Kashmir rocked by four earthquakes, no damage reported
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Four earthquakes, including one of 5.9 magnitude, shook Kashmir today but there was no damage to life or property reported from anywhere in the Valley.
Three of the four tremors were felt within an hour this morning while the fourth was recorded in the afternoon, officials said.
"Two earthquakes of magnitude 5.4 and 5.9 on the Richter scale occurred at 10.32 AM and 10.59 AM respectively in Kashmir Valley," Aamir Ali, an official of the Natural Disaster Management Cell, said.
He said the epicentre of the two tremors was in the Hindukush region of Afghanistan. A third tremor, measuring 4.2 on the Richter Scale and with epicentre in the same region, was experienced at 2.02 PM.
A MET office official said another tremor, measuring 3.8 on the Richter Scale, was recorded at 10.05 AM. The epicentre of the earthquake was along Sikkim-Nepal border.
There was no damage reported from anywhere in the Valley due to the tremors.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations