Kashmiri child dies after consuming expired noodles
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A five-year-old girl died while other family members were taken seriously ill after they consumed a packet of expired noodles in south Kashmir's Kulgam district, police said today.
Abroo, daughter of Nisar Ahmad Chak of Manzgam village, along with her parents and three siblings, fell unconscious after consuming the noodles, which had expired in the year 2007, on Tuesday evening, Superintendent of Police, Kulgam, Muhammad Shafi Mir said.
The pack of noodles had been brought from the family's own shop owned by Chak and his brother Gulzar Ahmad Chak, Shafi said.
The entire family was immediately rushed to a hospital in Kulgam where they were given a 'gastric lavage' (stomach wash), afterwards which they were referred to Srinagar for further treatment, he said.
Abroo died on the way to Srinagar, he said, adding that the other members of the family are being treated in two different hospitals of Srinagar.
The parents are under treatment at SMHS hospital, while the children were admitted to G B Pant hospital here.
The SP said the noodle wrapper and other samples have been taken by the police for evidence and a detailed report is awaited.
Police has registered a case under section 174 of CRPC and investigations are on, Shafi said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’