Katju draws parallels between Mamata and Dr B C Roy
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Praising West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her integrity, Press Council of India chairman Markandey Katju today said she would be remembered by the people just like former chief minister B C Roy.
"I have rarely seen anybody having the level of integrity she has. She works for the people day and night. She has a lot of love and affection for the people who are like family to her," Katju said at a programme here.
Drawing a parallel between her and former state chief minister B C Roy, he said "Banerjee has the potential to become another B C Roy whom people will remember in the times to come."
On the criticism she is facing on a number of issues, Katju described it as being "unfair" to her.
"Everybody makes mistakes. Her qualities far outweigh her mistakes. Everybody has defects," the former Supreme Court judge said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM