Katrina continued shooting for 'Chikni Chameli' despite an injury
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
It's common knowledge that Katrina Kaif is one of the most hardworking actresses, but her dedication while shooting the item number 'Chikni Chameli' for 'Agneepath', stunned everyone on the sets, including choreographer Ganesh Acharya. "The song is a rustic number, so she had to dance bare-feet on the uneven ground. Halfway through the number, she injured the soles of her feet as the continuous pressure peeled off her skin. Despite everyone telling her to attend to her injuries she continued with the dance without a whimper," said Acharya.
The first look of the foot-tapping item song shows Katrina dressed in kashta and dancing with scores of men. It will also have Sanjay Dutt and Hrithik Roshan grooving along with her.
Says a unit member, "In this sequence, Hrithik visits Sanjay's house and playing the host to perfection, Sanjay throws a party to welcome him. Katrina's item number is part of the celebrations wherein she will enter as a drunk woman. She looks coyly at Hrithik who promptly jumps on the floor and is followed by Sanju."
The song, which was earlier supposed to be shot on a set designed as Sanjay's house in Diu, could not be filmed there and instead was shot at Reliance Studios, located at Film City, Mumbai, where Dutt's villa was recreated. The song with Kaif as a rural Maharashtrian girl was shot in 10 days. Directed by Karan Malhotra and produced by Karan Johar, Agneepath releases on January 26.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'