KBDAV annual cultural show, Amritanjali, held
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The jam-packed hall of Tagore Theater was where the annual cultural show - Amritanjali - of KBDAV, Sector 7 was held on Tuesday.
The show was celebrated with the gala performances of 900 school children who reflected the rich cultural heritage of India through their energetic dance performances.
The grand opening of the cultural bonanza was a traditional welcome of the dignitaries with Phulkari followed by lamp lighting on Shloka Uccharan and Gayatri Mantras.
Principal Madhu Bahl addressed the gathering and read the Annual Report of the school highlighting the achievements of the activities of the year. Chief Guest Madhu Bansal, wife of Union Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal released the CD - 'Images 2012'.
The high point of the day was the 'Scroll of Honour' - Excellence Awards Ceremony, where nearly 100 students were awarded in various categories.
The 36 students who excelled in Class X, CBSE Exam 2011-12 with CGPA-10 were awarded, various sports category awards were given and above all, the budding 'vedic aryas' - students who excelled in vedic mantra uccharan or the utterance of vedic mantras were awarded.
The theatre reverberated with the zestful performances by tiny-tots.
The show ended with a grand finale where principal, staff and students together merged their dance movements with one another holding national flag and candles in their hands.
Madhu Bansal said, "It was indeed a unique experience watching KBDAV-7 students performing flawlessly one after another."
Bansal also highly appreciated the hard work, dedication and perfection seen during the programme under the direction of Principal Madhu Bahl.
Eminent educationists and notable personalities from various fields were present to grace the occasion including Dr RS Khandpur, Director General and creator of Pushpa Gujral Science City, Kapurthala; Ravinder Talwar, Secretary, DAV College Managing Committee, New Delhi, and others.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held