Arvind Kejriwal accuses Salman Khurshid of wrongdoing, threatens to gherao Sonia Gandhi house
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Activist Arvind Kejriwal today said he along with disabled activists will gherao the residence of Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday demanding resignation of Law Minister Salman Khurshid following allegations that the NGO run by him and his wife has indulged in irregularities.
Kejriwal, who also demanded Khurshid's resignation from the Cabinet, announced his protest programme after a group of 35-40 disabled persons met him at his office here.
"Money bungling in the NGO floated by the Law Minister's wife is a matter of shame. It is unfortunate to have such Law Minister in the country.
"We demand resignation of the Law Minister and immediate arrest of his wife. We will gherao Sonia Gandhi's residence asking for Khurshid's resignation," Kejriwal said.
A Hindi news channel yesterday alleged that the NGO forged signatures of senior officials in several districts of Uttar Pradesh depriving disabled people of their money.
Khurshid's wife refutes charges against NGO
India Against Corruption today alleged financial irregularities in the functioning of Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust run by Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid, a charge rejected by his wife Louise.
Talking to the reporters in Lucknow, IAC member Sanjay Singh alleged that large scale irregularities have come to fore into grants given by Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to the trust for the welfare of physically impaired people.
Singh alleged that instead of distributing the aid to disabled people the grant was embezzled by organising fake camps and through fake signatures of the officers.
In a statement issued in Delhi, Louise Khurshid, also the Trust's Project Director, termed the allegations as "devoid of any merit, malicious and baseless."
She was referring to similar allegations levelled by a news channel.
Singh alleged that signature of chief medical officer of Etawah was found to be fake and handicapped welfare officer of Mainpuri Tapasvee Lal was not even aware that a letter in his name with fake signature and seal has reached Delhi.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’