Kenyan PM calls on Modi
The Prime Minister of Kenya, Raila Amolo Odinga, met Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar on Thursday.
The exact purpose of the visit of Kenya's PM is not known. Sources in the Chief Minister's Office called it a courtesy visit for the PM who was visiting Mumbai.
Kenya is likely to participate in Vibrant Gujarat investors summit scheduled to be held in January. The delegation led by their PM had participated in the 2009 Vibrant Gujarat summit after Modi's visit to Kenya in 2008.
Odinga, who came to Gandhinagar from Mumbai, was accompanied by his special adviser Ahmed Kassam and industrialists from Mombasa. The CM shared an overview of the innovative Dholera SIR and GIFT city projects of the Gujarat government, officials said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow