Kerala in Subroto final
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
MSP Higher Secondary School, Kerala came back from a goal down to become the first team from the state to qualify for the final of the Subroto Cup after beating Little Angel Paradise English School, Manipur, on penalties 4-2. Playing in their maiden semi-final, MSP School , took time to find their feet and fell back by a goal in just the 6th minute when Prikanta scored for Manipur.
The lead lasted 13 minutes until Kerala struck back through Salman K. Both teams failed to break the deadlock even after extra time.
The pressure of the tie-breaker and the vociferous crowd support for Kerala affected the boys from Manipur as P Rabindro and skipper Sunder missed the first two shots and handed the match to the opposition. The second semifinal will take place on Saturday.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet