Kerala shocker! 13-year-old girl gives birth after months long sexual assault
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A 13-year-old girl has given birth to a child at the SAT hospital here, police said.
The girl was admitted to the hospital on September 20 in an advanced stage of pregnancy, with severe complications. She gave birth to the baby boy on Monday, they said.
It is though not clear who sexually assaulted the girl.
Though police tried to register a complaint on the basis of information given by SAT Hospital authorities yesterday, her parents were not willing to do so.
The teenager, an eighth standard student, is from Kottarakkara in Kollam district.
It later emerged, the shocking incident was the result of a family relationship gone all wrong.
After investigation, police arrested her stepfather on charges of sexually abusing her for several months.
Police arrested 39-year-old Shibu of Kundara in Kollam district who had been staying with the mother of the victim for the last eight years.
He had allegedly been repeatedly abusing the teenager for the last several months, police said.
He was arrested by police after registering a suo motu case as the victim's parents did not file a complaint.
According to police, the victim did not reveal her harrowing experience to anyone as her stepfather threatened to kill her along with her mother and brother.
The man was produced before the Kollam judicial magistrate and was remanded in judicial custody for two weeks.
Hospital sources said the condition of the girl, who was admitted on September 20, and the child's condition remained critical.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow