Kerala shocker: 6-year-old sexually abused by father after giving her alcohol
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In yet another shocker, a six-year-old girl from Kurumpady in Kerala's Ernakulam district was allegedly sexually abused by her 40-year-old father for six months after forcing her to drink alcohol.
Police have registered a case against the man, who is absconding, following a complaint from the girl's mother that he had been sexually abusing the child for the past six months.
Police said the case has been registered under Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act and section 328 of IPC (giving liquor to a minor).
Ajeesh Ramachandran, psychiatrist of the Government District hospital, Aluva, who treated the child, said the girl had stated that her father used to give her alcohol every day before sexually abusing her. She has also named 4-5 friends of her father who also abused her, he said.
The incident came to light after the child was first taken to a paediatrician and then a psychiatrist of a hospital at nearby Aluva when she showed some behavioural problems.
After some counselling sessions, the child informed Ajeesh that she had been sexually abused by her father and few others. The mother then decided to file a police complaint.
The girl's parents are separated. The mother, who was with her two minor daughters, was living in orphanages and a year ago, she urged the father to take care of one of the daughters. The man took the six-year-old child with him six months ago.
The latest incident comes close on the heels of two other similar instances from Kottayam and Kannur districts.
In Kottayam, police arrested a man who had allegedly sexually abused his two minor daughters aged 13 and 15 for two years, while at Dharmadom in Kannur, the father, 15-year-old brother and an uncle of a 13-year-old girl had been arrested last month on charges of raping her.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet