Kerala wonít allow FDI in retail: Chandy
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Thursday reiterated that the UDF government in Kerala will not allow FDI in retail sector.
Replying to a notice for an adjournment motion moved by the Opposition in the state assembly, Chandy said the state government has got the permission of the Central government and the party leadership to stick to its stand on FDI in retail. During the tenure of this government, Kerala would not allow FDI in retail, he said, adding that the Congress MPs from Kerala had voted in favour of the FDI in retail in Parliament to obey the party whip.
"FDI will not be allowed in the retail sector during the tenure of this government. There is no change in the government stand, for which we have got the permission of the central leadership," Chandy said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow