Kevin Pietersen rejected four-month contract before being axed
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Controversial batsman Kevin Pietersen rejected a four-month contract offer from the England and Wales Cricket Board, hours before his ouster from the 16-member squad for the Test tour of India.
According to 'The Daily Telegraph', the contract included waiving his rights to any future legal action in employment disputes with the ECB, issuing another public apology to the South African side and pulling out from a contract with
Asian-based broadcaster ESPN to provide studio analysis from the World Twenty20.
However, the South African-born batsman on Monday turned down the offer as it came with no future assurances.
According to the four-month deal, Pietersen would have had to attend England's training camp in Dubai at the end of October, but would not have been a part of India's Test tour.
"He was told the Dubai camp would provide a chance to begin the healing process with his team-mates which clearly has some way to go. But Pietersen believes that process will happen much quicker during a Test-match tour rather than a training camp," the paper added.
Pietersen was dropped from the English Test side last month for sending "provocative" text messages to the visiting South African players and allegedly criticising his own skipper Andrew Strauss.
He was also blamed of giving advice to the South Africans about how to get Strauss out.
The 32-year-old flamboyant cricketer was axed for the final Test against Proteas, the subsequent ODI series and the current World Twenty20 championship. And yesterday, he was also left out of the team that will tour India later this year
Following the text scandal, Pietersen met Strauss, who has since retired from all forms of the game, new England skipper Alastair Cook, coach Andy Flower and members of the team hierarchy in a bid to resolve the issue.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'