Kherwadi junction flyover contract finalised
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
MMRDA decided to award the contract to JKumar Infraprojects at a cost of Rs 21.96 crore. Three other bids were rejected.
"The flyover will be constructed arm-by-arm to help provide more space to commuters even while construction is on and traffic police will be able to maintain smooth flow during peak hours," said Dilip Kawathkar, MMRDA spokesperson.
At present, the stretch from Kalanagar junction to Kherwadi junction on Western Express Highway witnesses snarls during peak hours. The project will reduce travel time on the stretch considerably.
The flyover construction is scheduled to start in March. It is likely to be completed in 18 months.
The Kherwadi junction flyover will be 580 metres in length and 25 metres in width. It will help north-bound traffic move faster.
MMRDA also plans to construct two tunnels to improve access to BKC. The first tunnel will connect BKC to the sea link, while the second will stretch from the business district to Kherwadi junction.
The executive committee of MMRDA also finalised consultants to conduct noise mapping for installation of sound barriers on four flyovers on Ambedkar Road.
MMRDA has awarded a contract worth Rs 68 lakh to New Delhi's Central Road Research Institute for the study on Sion hospital, Kings Circle, Hindmata and Lalbaug flyovers.
Plan of action
The flyover construction is scheduled to start in March. It is likely to take 18 months for completion
The Kherwadi junction flyover will be 580 m in length and 25 m in width. It will help north-bound traffic move faster
MMRDA also plans to construct two tunnels to improve access to BKC. The first tunnel will connect BKC to the sea link, while the second will stretch from the business district to Kherwadi junction
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held