Kidnapped, gangraped, sold, Karnal girl rescued
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Hamid Karzai to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
The Karnal police Wednesday produced in court three persons arrested in a case involving abduction, gangrape and trafficking of a 17-year-old girl. The court sent them to judicial custody. The girl was rescued by the police on January 14, almost three months after she went missing. She was allegedly taken away from near her home, gangraped and sold, forcing her into prostitution.
On October 31 last year, the girl had stepped out to buy groceries but did not return home. Her mother filed a complaint. On November 1, she told the police that her daughter had a mobile phone that was given by their neighbour. She alleged that the nieghbour's son played a key role in the kidnapping. The police made him the prime accused. He is still at large.
Two persons were arrested on November 5. "After that we arrested the neighbour on November 9," the Karnal police spokesperson said.
The police said they traced the girl to a Sonepat house. "We raided the place and rescued her. Three persons had kept the girl in their custody at a house. We arrested and produced them in court today," the spokesperson said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet