Kidnapped Mumbai boy rescued from Allahabad; three arrested
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A 10-year-old boy, who was kidnapped ten days ago from Mumbai, has been rescued in a joint operation of the Mumbai police crime branch and Allahabad police. Three persons have been arrested in this connection. The incident comes close on the heels of unraveling of the kidnapping and murder of small-time actress Meenakshi Thapa, who too was kidnapped from Mumbai.
A team of the Mumbai police had got in touch with the Allahabad police following information that the kidnappers are holed up, along with the boy, in a village in Meja area of the district.
The joint team managed to identify the house in Basehra village and surrounded it late on Thursday night. However, no action was taken so as not to jeopardise the boy's life. On Friday morning, the police team moved in and managed to rescue the boy unhurt.
SP (Trans-Yamuna) Lallan Rai, who coordinated the joint operation, said, "Three persons, identified as Harikishan, Raj Kumar Vishwakarma and Beni Prasad, father-in-law of Harikishan, have been arrested. While the two had kidnapped the boy and brought him to Allahabad, Beni Prasad had allowed his bank account to be used by the kidnappers for getting a part of the ransom money. He knew about the kidnapping and actively colluded in it." The boy has been handed over to the Mumbai police.
Police said Harikishan and Vishwakarma used to work as carpenters in the firm of furniture trader M Ganesh, a resident of Santa Cruz in Mumbai. Some time ago, the two were sacked following some argument with their employer on the issue of raising
The accused were friendly with Ganesh' family members, particularly with his son Kanhaiya, and hatched a plan to kidnap him. They managed to take Kanhaiya to the railway station on some pretext on April 11, as he was returning home from school. They then brought him to Allahabad.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'