‘Kidnapped’ Surat boy found dead, two held
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The body of a 11-year-old allegedly kidnapped boy was found near a water canal at Simada village in Surat on Friday. Police arrested two men in this connection.
According to police, the duo kidnapped the boy 15 days ago for ransom money.
As per details, Heth Bhanderi, a resident of Tulsidarshan society in Varachha, went to a nearby shop on February 1 evening. Couple of hours later, when the boy didn't return home, his father Sanjay, a diamond polisher by profession, searched for him, but in vain. Later, they registered a complaint at Kapodara police station in this connection.
On Friday, police picked up one Jayenti Thummer (19), a resident of the same society, under suspicion.
During preliminary interrogation, Thummer broke down and confessed to have killed Heth, police said. He also disclosed name of his friend Bhalara who was also involved in the kidnap and murder of the boy. The police later recovered the body wrapped in plastic bag near a water canal at Simada village.
Additional Commissioner of Police B S Jebaliya said, "We have arrested two men involved in the case. The motive behind kidnapping was to extract money from the Sanjay. Duo had killed Heth on the next day of kidnapping him."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held