Kila Raipur rural festival to start from tomorrow
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
The Kila Raipur rural sports festival will start from January 31 and continue till February 3.
Bullock cart races will be the main attraction of the festival. Last year, the bullock cart races had been banned following the orders of the Rural Development Ministry.
However, the Grewal Sports Association took the matter to High Court where they won the case.
Sukhbir Grewal, president of the sports association, said bullock cart races were traditional games which would be back with fanfare.
Apart from this, other rural sports — loading-unloading of trolley, kabaddi, motor cycle race, and race of donkey carts — will be conducted in the festival.
About Rs 7 lakh will be the prize money for bullock cart races.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM