Kings XI Punjab appoints W V Raman as assistant coach
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Kings XI Punjab today appointed former India opener W V Raman as the team's assistant coach for the upcoming Indian Premier League, which starts in Kolkata on April 3.
Commenting on the appointment, Col Arvinder Singh, COO, Kings XI Punjab said, "We are pleased to have W V Raman as the assistant coach of our team for IPL 2013.
Given his vast experience as an exIndia player and his coaching stints over the years, I am certain that he shall bring another dimension to our coaching staff and help our players perform to the best of their abilities."
Raman said, "I thank Kings XI Punjab management for providing me with this wonderful opportunity and I am extremely delighted to join Kings XI Punjab as the assistant coach.
"I look forward to helping out the team achieve its objectives for the upcoming IPL. Kings XI Punjab have the right mix of experienced as well as young players supported by a world class coaching staff and I shall do my best to get the best out of the players."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’