Kiran Bedi disagrees with Anna, backs amended Lokpal Bill
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Differing with Anna Hazare on the amended Lokpal Bill approved by the Union Cabinet, his team member and former IPS officer Kiran Bedi today backed the legislation saying it addresses most of their concerns.
Bedi also expressed happiness over the amended Bill paving the way for constitution of a collegium to select the chief of Central Bureau of Investigation.
"From nothing to something to more, as we move on! This is how we can read the lokpal bill! Unless we want to stay at nothing!" she tweeted.
She also most of the concerns have been addressed in the draft and cited the appointment of CBI chief and other changes as positive ones.
"(CBI's) its Anti Corruption wing has been brought under oversight of Lokpal. Which is what we needed!" she said.
The activist said, "It is open to opposition parties to improve the Lokpal as part of their manifesto!"
Her remarks contradict Anna Hazare's stand that the amended Lokpal bill was a "farce". He also announced he will launch another agitation if the government went ahead with the enactment of a "weak" legislation.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’