- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Nothing about Fluke is understated. The fashion and home accessories store takes pride in its abundant use of colours — a fact that is evident in a chair placed at the entrance with a bright pink lotus motif painted. Also eye-catching are the chandelier made with yellow pails, the flip-flop-shaped table stools and a gramophone with a pink rose. At 350 sq ft, the Versova store is lined with quirky items.
The last three years have seen a surge in the number of stores that employ unusual or kitschy motifs and designs in accessories, but artist and designer Rashmi Dogra points out that her store's USP is that all items are hand-painted and handcrafted.
Nature makes for Dogra's key inspiration with images of roses, owls, roosters and elephants dominating her collection. "I started by painting candle stands, mirrors, chairs and trunks. Soon, I realised that I could add a dash of kitsch to fashion items such as jewellery and dresses too," Dogra says. These fashion accessories — bags, potlis, wallets, clutches, iPad sleeves — are now part of her line on display at the store," she says.
The fashion collection also includes some beautiful hasli neckpieces, whole pieces carved out of wood and painted on. One in yellow with peacocks on either side can brighten up any ensemble. The store may not be spacious, but Dogra has used every corner judiciously. With items ranging from Rs 300 for a card holder and going up to Rs 25,000 for a leather trunk, the store throws up an assortment to suit all budgets.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow