KMC spent R 59.68 lakh on KKR win
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Kolkata: Kolkata Municipal Corporation on Wednesday said it spend around Rs 60 lakh to felicitate actor Shah Rukh Khan-owned Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) for winning the IPL in 2012. "An amount of Rs 59.68 lakh from the Mayor's fund was spent to felicitate the winning KKR team," Mayor Shovan Chatterjee told the Opposition Left Front councillors. He also said no tenders were issued.
'8,780 hand-pulled rickshaws in city'
Kolkata: There are more than 8,000 hand-pulled rickshaws in Kolkata, according to Mayor Shovan Chatterjee. "As per KMC records, there are 8,780 licenced hand-pulled rickshaws in the metropolis," Chatterjee told KMC Councillors.
The Mayor said the KMC has taken a decision not to renew the licences for the hand-pulled rickshaws as the KMC wants to phase them out but no decision has been taken on this matter.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet