KMC told to decide on Ex-DG’s pension in 3 weeks
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The High Court on Friday directed the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) to take a decision within three weeks about the pension and other retirement benefits to be paid to Gautam Patanayak, retired Director General (Lighting) of the corporation. Patanayak filed a petition alleging that the KMC did not pay his pension and other retirement benefits after his retirement on November 30 last year. This comes after it was alleged that Patanayak was involved in the Trident lamp scam.
PIL against Feb 20, 21 strike
The Calcutta High Court on Friday admitted a PIL praying for direction for withdrawal of the February 20 and 21 nationwide general strike called by central trade unions.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet