Knocked down by speeding truck, 2 employees of fertiliser firm die
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
Two employees of a fertiliser company died after the motorcycle they were riding was knocked down by a speeding truck on Alandi Road on Tuesday night. Police have arrested the truck driver.
Officials at the Vishrantwadi police said the incident took place at 11.30 pm on Monday. The deceased have been identified as Anil Shantaram Khjanvilkar (38) of Navi Khadki and Shailendra Devkar of Tingarenagar, both employees of a fertiliser firm in Vishrantwadi. Sub inspector S B Marode, said, "The two were on their way to Vishrantwadi for dinner. Khanvilkar was riding the bike. Near the turn, their bike was hit from behind by a speeding truck. We got the number of the truck from one of the witnesses." Bodies of the deceased have been handed over to the relatives after autopsy.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations