The post of principal secretary, fire and disaster management, has become too hot for officials to stick around for long. First, it was Nihar Ranjan Banerjee who fell out with minister Javed Khan over the issue of recruitment of Home Guards . He was replaced by Hriydesh Mohan. But last week, barely four months into the new job, he too has been shown the door and posted to the department of technical education. Well this time, no one has any clue about the reason behind Mohan's transfer. Was the recruitment of contractual fire fighters that was stalled by the State Administrative Tribunal the bone of contention? Everyone seems to be only guessing.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow