Asteroid to come close to earth on Feb 15
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Imperious Azhar Mahmood powers KXIP to 183
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
An asteroid will come close to the earth on February 15, according to Birla Science Centre here.
"This is the first near-earth asteroid to pass so close to the earth", said B M Birla Science Centre Director Dr B G Sidharth said in a release here.
The asteroid '2012 DA 14' measures about 50 metres and would swoop to about 27,000 km near earth or roughly about one tenth the distance to moon, he said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations