Kolkata Port set to expand
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Kolkata Port Trust authorities are looking at expanding its handling capacity. The major projects on the anvil for the same are development of Haldia Dock-II (north) and (south), integrating transloading facilities at Sandheads and its vicinity with the construction of riverine outer terminal I at Haldia Dock for midstream handling of Dry Bulk cargo, construction of container handling jetties at proposed Diamond Harbour Container Terminal and development of port facility at Sagar Island.
The total investment in these projects have been estimated at Rs 1,400 crore.
There had been some roadblocks as far as the Sagar Island port facility was concerned but Manish Jain, chairman, Kolkata Port Trust, said RITES would give the final feasibility report soon. "We have sent our suggestions to RITES and requested if they could send us their final feasibility report by the third week of June," he said.
There are plans for mechanisation of five Netaji Subhas Dock (NSD) berths at Kolkata Dock System. Steps have been taken to hire mobile harbour cranes with a capacity of 45 tonnes under spreader.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held