Korean’s ‘rape’: Resort manager held
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The police Friday took into custody a resort manager in connection with the alleged rape of a South Korean woman at the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve on January 14.
"Resort manager Deepak Vishwakarma has been taken into custody and the room where the alleged rape took place has been sealed," the police said here. Vishwakarma was arrested from Mandla village near Khajuraho.
The resort where the alleged assault took place belongs to BJP MLA Nagendra Singh's son Dushyant Singh.
The 23-year-old woman had filed a complaint at Aurangabad, Maharashtra, on Thursday that she was raped by a waiter of the hotel in the Bandhavgarh reserve on January 14. While Dushyant said the resort's register showed no foreign woman as a guest on the day of the "rape", Monu Yadav, who works as a waiter there, said one such woman had stayed there on January 14. He also said the hotel's senior staff members were standing in the courtyard along with the woman when they had asked him to bring beer. Yadav claimed around 10 pm he was asked to go and sleep by the "sir"and was not aware what had happened later.
According to the victim, she asked the waiter he had laced her drink with some sedatives and raped her when she became unconscious.
Aurangabad ACP Naresh Meghrajani said the woman would be sent to MP for further probe.
However, Shahdol Range IGP Ved Prakash Sharma said they had not received any communication from Aurangabad so far.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow