Kumbh shadow looms over Assembly
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Barring the main opposition BSP, all political parties attended the meeting.
"When we are aware that issues raised by us will not be addressed by the chief minister, there is no point in having tea at his residence," said Maurya. On Thursday, the governor's address is the only business on the agenda. Akhilesh Yadav will present the annual budget for 2013-14 on February 19.
In between, the Assembly will not meet from February 15 to 17. However, it will meet on February 18 for passing a condolence resolution over the death of Samajwadi Party MLA Mahesh Narain Singh.
The Business Advisory Committee will meet on February 19 to decide the further programme of the session, which is scheduled to continue until March 22.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM