Kunal Kapoor to turn professional racer
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Taking his passion for racing to the next level, actor Kunal Kapoor has decided to pursue his hobby as a professional sport.
The 35-year-old actor, who is a huge F1 and a rally fan, is training under a coach and will be competing at the National Rally Championship next year.
"I always loved fast cars but I realized that I needed to get off the road to test my limits, otherwise I would be endangering my life as well as the lives of others. The adrenaline rush I get when I am behind the wheels is just something else! That is when I got into rally driving, a year-and-a-half ago," Kunal said.
"My coach wants me to compete in the nationals. It is a skill that needs to be honed as you need to understand your car, the terrain you are driving on -- be it slush or mountains -- and develop the stamina needed to focus on long hours of driving," he added.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM