Kush wins WS karting race
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Starting from pole position, young Indian driver Kush Maini won the World Series Karting race at the La Conca international Circuit in southern Italy on Sunday. 12-year-old Kush, who drives for Team Baby Race was third overall in qualifying out of over 41 entries in the 60 Mini category. All the participants were divided into four groups for the elimination heats to select 34 finalists.
Kush was in Group C and won two of the heats while coming second in one of them. This earned him the pole position. "I have been driving Karts from the age of 5 and started racing at the age of 7. I spent last year racing in Italy which was a great learning experience for me as I also got several podium finishes in many of the races.
"However WSK is the biggest race for me and to win here is fulfilling the start of a Dream to become one of the best Drivers. I am now looking forward to the balance three races of the Master Series as well as the two races of the Euro Series," Kush said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations