KXIP Blue team victorious
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
CHANDIGARH: In the opening match of the Kings XI Punjab Cup, KXIP Blue team recorded a six-wicket over KXIP Red team at the PCA Stadium in Mohali. KXIP Red won the toss and, electing to bat first, posted 100 runs on the board. Parwinder Singh tried to stabilize Red team with his knock of 51 runs off 39 balls. But even that could not propel the KXIP Red's innings. KXIP Blue chased the score easily with six wickets in hand and eight balls to spare. Parwinder Singh's contribution won him the man of the match title.
KXIP Green snub KXIP Yellow
In the second match, KXIP Green won the toss and elected to bat. Hiten Dala and Sachin Sohal gave KXIP Green a good start after the loss of Chetan Sharma's wicket. KXIP Green posted a score of 138 for the loss of five wickets. KXIP Yellow batsmen fell short of 14 runs and could score a total of 124 runs at the end of their 20 overs. Hiten Dalal of KXIP Green won man of the match title for his batting efforts (37 runs from 35 balls).
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held