Labourer held for minorís rape
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
A farm labourer has been arrested for allegedly raping a 16-year-old girl in Muli town of Surendranagar district on December 22.
The suspect, Arvind Koli, was a neighbour of the victim and worked with her father in the same farm.
He was picked up on December 29 and arrested today after interrogation for two days.
Investigating officer in the case, sub-inspector
A L Haripara, said, "At first, we had doubts about the complaint since there was a delay on the part of the victim's parents in filing the FIR. We have found that Koli often used to visit their house and had been trying to harass the girl for a long time." The suspect has been sent to judicial custody.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'