LACCFED scam: SIB to summon 9 Maya ministers for questioning
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
The special investigation bureau of the UP Police's co-operative cell will issue notices to nine former ministers in the previous BSP government for questioning in connection with allegations that they got kickback for allotting projects to the Labour and Construction Co-operative Federation (LACCFED). The former ministers are Naseemuddin Siddiqui, Swami Prasad Maurya, Chaudhary Lakshmi Narayan, Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi, Babu Singh Kushwaha, Awadhpal Singh Yadav, Sadal Prasad, Rangnath Mishra and Anees Ahmad Ansari.
The decision has been taken in view of the statement made by former LACCFED public relations officer Praveen Singh during interrogation, that the former ministers were paid 8 to 10 per cent cut money in the advances paid to LACCFED for executing works related to their departments, sources said. In all, LACCFED was paid advances totalling Rs 300 crore.
Sources said the former ministers will be questioned in following matters:
Former panchayati raj minister Swami Prasad Maurya regarding allocation of over Rs 143 crore to LACCFED under the Backward Regions Grant Fund scheme.
Chaudhary Lakshmi Narayan for allocating Rs 31 crore for construction and renovation of four ITI buildings and construction of four educational counselling centres.
Naseemuddin Siddiqui for allocating over Rs 12 crore to the agency for construction of three agriculture fertiliser test laboratories, 15 post-mortem houses and two plastic surgery-cum-burn centres.
Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi for alleged irregularities in allocation of over Rs 1.5 crore for construction of 10 homoeopathy hospitals and one hostel.
Awadhpal Singh Yadav regarding allocation of Rs 68 lakh for construction of eight veterinary hospitals.
Babu Singh Kushwaha in connection with allocation of over Rs 53 crore for construction of 554 NRHM sub-centres, eight courtrooms and one building of the Mining Department.
Sadal Prasad regarding allocation of over Rs 11 crore for construction of 12 polytechnic hostels.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow