Lady Gaga named fav odd celebrity
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Lady Gaga has been hailed as the world's best-loved eccentric.
The American singer, who is as famous for her unique outfits as she is for her musical talent, beat the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, to the top spot.
The 26-year-old became a sensation in the UK after donning steak dresses, telephone hats, and arriving at gigs enclosed in a giant egg.
Boris came in just ahead of heavy metal sensation Ozzy Osbourne, who took third place in the top 50 list.
Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, takes fourth place in the study, as he has become renowned for his witty one-liners.
Tthe fifth most eccentric celebrity, as voted by Brits, is Russell Brand.
"British people tend to have a soft spot for anyone out of the norm – anyone who doesn't conform to the ordinary," the Daily Star quoted a spokesman for Nature Valley which conducted the poll of 2,000 British adults, as saying.
"This is why celebrities such as Prince Philip, Lady Gaga and Russell Brand are close to our hearts.
"More often than not, eccentric attributes are harmless and are actually part of the reason that we love nutty people so much.
"It is hard to dislike or be overly critical of anyone who is a bit nutty as they are often the most brilliant personalities," he added.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'