Lalu Prasad dubs Anna Hazare's Jantantra rally as 'flop show'
RJD President Lalu Prasadrefused to attach any importance to the rally by anti-graft activist Anna Hazare here today and dubbed it as a 'flop show'.
"It is nothing but a flop show," he told reporters on his arrival at Patna airport.
When told that a large number of people had gathered at the rally, the RJD chief said, "This much people roam around in the Gandhi maidan (where the rally was held) everyday."
Launching a scathing attack on Hazare, he said men like him were saying 'bad words' against Parliament, politicians and even judiciary in the name of civil society.
"These people are taking advantage of freedom of speech and uttering irresponsible things against the central government and politicians," he added.
Hazare had told the rally that he would make efforts to realise the unfullfilled dream of Loknayak Jaiprakash Narayan who had launched "Sampoorna kranti" (total revolution) from the same Gandhi maidan in Patna in 1974.
Senior RJD leader and Leader of Opposition in the state Abdul Bari Siddiqui had attended Hazare's rally.
When asked, Siddiqui said that he was not impressed with the rally as it did not touch real issues like corruption prevailing in Bihar under NDA rule.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow