Insurgent arrested during combing operation in Manipur
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
An insurgent of banned People's Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak-Vice Chairman faction (PREPAK-VC) identified as Ningombam Shyamkanhai (27) has been arrested by Manipur police commandos, police said today.
Sources said the commandos, attached to Imphal west district police station, launched a manhunt at Lamshang market complex in the district yesterday following reports of infiltration of insurgents in the area during which Shyamkanhai was arrested.
One powerful China-make handgrenade was recovered from his possession, sources said adding that he was being interrogated at Lamshang police station.
So far, over 15 insurgents of different organisations have been arrested during various search operations in different parts of the state this year.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held