Land Acquisition Bill to fix time frame for settling disputes
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Tightening the land acquisition Bill further to avoid delay in acquisition processes, the Centre has made critical changes with relation to settlement of disputes that includes fixing one-year time frame for the Land Acquisition Rehabilitation and Resettlement Dispute Settlement Authority to decide disputes and an additional six months to decide appeals before it.
To deter bogus claimants from seeking unfair compensation, the draft legislation has revised penal provisions, proposing a six-month prison term.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chiefís son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM